I have been practicing a lot lately and thinking about what to write here worth reading. Well it came to me. I watched a movie recommended by my Sensei called "Peaceful Warrior" It was an amazing movie. It really made me think about my playing. One thing I now do is try to be inside each note as it is occurring and not think about what the next note is or how much longer I have left in the piece. I find that I give every note my all then and it lets me really work on note shaping. I also enjoy the pieces more when I am practicing. I have really begun to find new meaning to the pieces and it has helped me to be able to play more often with less frustration. Now I need to find the key to enjoying the fast runs in pieces such as Take to dori. One step at a time grasshopper :)

Also there are a couple of spots open at the FL shakuhachi camp still for those interested.

This entry is dedicated to my friend Clinton Moy who told me to get back here.

Thanks!

Comments (1)

On December 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Bas Nijenhuis said...

Welcome back in the saddle and a nice experience you had of the music played. please keep up posting :)