I am back off the road for a few days and I wanted to post some info from my teacher I received in the last few days.  I am off to Vegas tomorrow but after I get back from there I will be posting more regularly.  I am just really busy and I apologize for any shortage of posts.  I will be at the camp I am getting ready to post about and I hope I see you there!

From Chikuzen:

Hello everyone, It's summer again! Well, soon to come. Let's be optimistic. This is just a preliminary announcement for the Summer RO Camp of 2009 on June 5~7 at Craig Ciola's house north of Columbus, Ohio about 40 minutes. We've had this at Craig's several years in a RO now and it's always been a wonderful place to play shakuhachi. We'll have more of the same this year: camping, good food, meeting old friends again and making new ones, renewing your shakuhachi life with fresh Ki, camp fires, grilled food too and lots of shakuhachi for all levels. What we won't have are mosquitoes since it's early June. I'll announce what songs we'll study soon. There won't be any special guests this time except everyone so the fee will be down to $200. plus the food/drink that we buy. Let me know your intentions as soon as you can. Remember, we have three bedrooms if that's a concern-first come first serve-and lots of extra tents and sleeping bags. A big floor in the living room and a big couch on the big floor! I hope to see all of you there this summer. I think it would be great. RO on, Michael

Comments (0)